It is Teamwork Tuesday so send us all your articles, ask questions and lets build a community to learn together.
Using Social Media to Solve A Problem… We want to focus on an issue in the environment to see if we can all enlist our communities to find expert opinions, easy tips, and solutions to some of the biggest issues on the planet!
How Can We Help Encourage Energy Efficiency?
Buildings accounted for 38.9% of total U.S. energy consumption in 2005. Residential buildings accounted for 53.7% of that total, while commercial buildings accounted for the other 46.3%.
What Simple Solutions Exist to become more energy efficient? (For students, parents, families, and business owners)
Buildings accounted for 72% of total U.S. electricity consumption in 2006 and this number will rise to 75% by 2025. 51% of that total was attributed to residential building use, while 49% was attributed to commercial building usage.
How Can You Help? (Ideas for Everyday or a Weekend Project)
The average household spends at least $2,000/year on energy bills — over 50% of which goes to heating and cooling.
Join the discussion on Facebook. Learn more about your Eco Diego Community with some highlights from last week…
Aero Theatre announced a one night screening of Josh Fox’s follow-up to GASLAND* “The Sky Is Pink” (Tuesday August 21st, 2012 at 7:30 PM, $11.00) that includes a panel discussion with Paul Ferrazzi (Executive Director, Citizens Coalition for a Safe Community), Dr. Clyde Tom Williams (Retired Oil/Gas Field Specialist and Sierra Club-California, CalFrack Coordinator), Meghan Sahli-Wells (Culver City Council Member) and many more. Enjoy a night of Fracking Awareness and show your support at 1328 Montana Avenue, Santa Monica, California 90403. Learn more about the movie and Fracking with this informative this op/ed piece by actor Alec Baldwin from the Huffington Post: The Truth About Fracking.
*GASLAND 2010, HBO Documentary Films, 107 min, USA, Dir: Josh Fox
When filmmaker Josh Fox is offered money for the use of his land by a natural gas company, he begins investigating the booming industry and uncovers some disturbing revelations. The result is this acclaimed documentary, a study of Big Gas and the fracking practices that endanger us all, which plays like a riveting mystery tale.
According to the Washington Post, TheGreenJobBank is the leading search engine for green jobs. It crawls the web daily to provide the most current listings available from thousands of websites. The listings come from businesses, nonprofit organizations, trade associations, research labs, green recruiters, and job boards. The site features hundreds of employer profiles enabling job seekers to research easily the green companies for which they want to work.
Steven Shultz shared his carbon free commute to work using a bike. Making us all breathe a little easier and think green when we get going to work.
We’d like to thank Aero Theatre, Steven Shultz, and The Green Job Bank for contributing to the community and adding to the discussion over this last week. Keep up the Great Work and we appreciate your help in the Eco Diego Community!